Absentee voting and early in-person voting begin today. We need to be part of a blue tsunami. This means we all must vote! That is why we’re devoting this newsletter to ensuring you have the information you need to get it done.
The newsletter is divided into three sections so that you can go straight to the information you need to:
- Make sure that you’ve registered to vote and that your voter information is up to date
- Vote by absentee ballot
- Vote early in person
1. Make sure that you’re registered to vote and that your voter information is up to date.
The online voter registration deadline is today, October 6
- To register to vote or update your voter registration online, the deadline is Tuesday, October 6, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
- Click here to register online or update your voter registration:
- Sandoval County offers same day voter registration at all Early Voting Locations. (Note: Don’t wait until election day to register. It will be too late. Do it today or register at an early voting location.)
- If you don’t do the above, you can register in person at the County Clerk’s office until October 31 (1500 Idalia Rd, Building D, Bernalillo, NM 87004).
- One of the following documents is needed to register:
- A New Mexico Current Driver’s License or New Mexico Identification Card.
- Any document that contains an address in the county together with a photo identification card.
- A current valid student photo identification card together with a current student fee statement that contains the student’s address in the County.
2. Vote by absentee ballot
First: Request your ballot by completing an application form, if you haven’t done so already.
- APPLY ONLINE at the Secretary of State’s official website. This is the fastest and easiest way to request your absentee ballot.
- Apply with the Sandoval County Clerk . You can ask the Sandoval County Clerk for a paper form in person or request a ballot by mail (1500 Idalia Rd, Building D, Bernalillo, NM 87004), phone (505-867-7577), or email (Clerk@sandovalcountynm.gov).
Second: Return your application
- The last day to submit your Absentee Ballot Application is October 20, 2020 by 5:00 pm.
Third: Complete your ballot
- Ballots will be mailed out starting today, October 6.
- Make sure to follow the instructions carefully so that your vote counts.
- Please vote for me, Gary Tripp, and make sure to vote blue up and down the ballot. We need Democrats to represent us in our New Mexico state government, our local government, and the judiciary!
Fourth: Return your absentee ballot in the postage paid envelope provided. Your ballot has to be received by the County Clerk, either in the office or at a polling location, by 7 p.m. on Election Day, November 3.
- MAIL — Mail your ballot to the County Clerk’s Office in the envelope provided. The NM Secretary of State recommends putting your ballot in the mail by October 27 at the latest.
- IN-PERSON – You can place your ballot in a secure drop box at the County Clerk’s Office or any Early or Election Day polling location. During the week before Election Day, the Secretary of State recommends dropping the ballot off at a polling location or the clerk’s office directly.
3. Vote early in person
- Early in-person voting starts today. You can vote at the Sandoval County Administration Building D, 1500 Idalia Rd. beginning on October 6. Here is the schedule:
- October 6 through October 30 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
- October 17, 24, and 31 from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm (Saturdays)
- Seventeen other early in-person voting locations throughout Sandoval County will be open October 17 through October 31. The list of early voting locations can be found at http://www.sandovalcountynm.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/2020_EarlyVoting_PollingLocations.pdf.